- Switching ASE to inactive, does not work even though ha/syb/hb_force_db_inactive is set to 1 by default.
- The boot part of the Fault Manager (FM) log shows the configuration setting as:
heartbeat force database inactive: no.
heartbeat kill database: yes
heartbeat shutdown system: no.
While the default FM configuration is as follows:
- The FM log also shows that the primary ASE inactivation takes no time and FM proceeds with killing ASE right away:
2021 07/20 18:37:19.407 (6072) no heartbeat received.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.409 (6072) wait to check heartbeat to heartbeat.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) no heartbeat received.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) heartbeat to heartbeat failed.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) h2h failed -> set this site to inactive.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) killing database process...
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
deprecated , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.