- Inactivating ASE doesn't work even though ha/syb/hb_force_db_inactive is set to 1 by default.
- The boot part of the Fault Manager (FM) log shows the configuration setting as:
heartbeat force database inactive: no.
heartbeat kill database: yes
heartbeat shutdown system: no.
While the default FM configuration is as follows:
- The FM log also shows that the primary ASE inactivation takes no time and FM proceeds with killing ASE right away:
2021 07/20 18:37:19.407 (6072) no heartbeat received.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.409 (6072) wait to check heartbeat to heartbeat.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) no heartbeat received.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) heartbeat to heartbeat failed.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) h2h failed -> set this site to inactive.
2021 07/20 18:37:19.909 (6072) killing database process...
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
- High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR)
deprecated , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.