In 2021 Release, the Time fields from EmployeeTime and EmployeeTimeSheet objects in Advanced Reporting and Report Story are showing Time Stamp 1/1/1970.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Report Canvas - Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
1. Run any Report Canvas or Report Story that has Employee Time table added on its query
2. Observe that result for Start Time and End Time column has date added "1/1/1970
Employee Time objects got migrated from MDF Legacy to MDF BE as part of 2021 releases. This migration introduced a dummy date along with the Time value.
Engineering team is investigating this issue, but there is no fix date at the moment.
Please note that the time value displayed in the fields is still correct and the date of 1/1/1970 can be disregarded.
Workaround for Report Canvas - Advanced Reporting
- Edit the Advanced Reporting query
- Create a calculated column
- Select the field StartTime or EndTime
- In the formula, click on the field
- Add function
- Use the Right function and set 8 characters
The date of 1/1/1970 is removed, but note that the time value will be displayed as 24h format.
No workaround available for Report Story as Substring formula doesn't support DATE or DATETIME fields.
3204317 - Date field cannot be converted to string in Story report
2021 Release 2105 2111 issue Start Time and End Time fields of EmployeeTime EmployeeTimeSheet Time Stamp 1/1/1970 report, KI2111, MDF-45628, AYT-43964, KI2205, Report Story, People Analytics , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Bug Filed