You are trying to replicate a business partner from an external system to Marketing Cloud but you are receiving the error "Postal Code ABC must have the length X" (Where ABC represents the Postal Code ID and X represents the Number which the postal code must have) in the Monitoring and Error Handling App.
SAP Marketing Cloud Edition
Reproducing the Issue
- Trigger a business partner replication from external system to SAP Marketing Cloud.
- Check the Monitoring and Error Handling App.
- You see the message failed due the error "Postal Code ABC must have the length X".
The check for postal code correctness is valid, otherwise you might result in having invalid address data in SAP Marketing Cloud. The check itself is performed on S4 business partner level.
You can change the configuration in the underlying in the Manage Your Solution app:
- Basic Settings - Application Platform and Infrastructure: General Settings.
- Set Country-Specific Checks (SSCUI 102592).
Postal Code, Business Partner , KBA , CEC-MKT-DM-IC , Interaction Contact , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , How To