- ASE running in an AIX LPAR requiring too many CP licenses
- AIX lparstat commands reports (for example)
“Maximum Capacity” = 3
“Online Virtual CPUs” = 2
- ASE errorlog entries show :
SySAM Licensing capacity set to PARTITION licensing. All ASE instances running on IBM_LPAR_1 (HOSTID=PARTITION-ID=11112222aaaabbbb) will share licenses. License quantities are based on 24 logical processor(s), 3 core(s) in 1 chip(s).
SySAM: Checked out graced license for 3 ASE_CORE ... will expire Thu Sep 9 20:35:39 2021.
SySAM: Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s
SySAM: Insufficient ASE_CORE CPU licenses. ASE requires 3 ASE_CORE ("CP") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 2 could be obtained.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0, up to SP02 PL04 (using SySAM version < 2.4)
- IBM AIX OS
“Maximum Capacity” , lparstat , sysamcap , sysamcap partition, cpuinfo , , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.