- How to determine the number of cores a for a PARTITION sub-capacity license on an uncapped LPAR on AIX ?
- ASE running in an AIX LPAR requiring too many CP licenses
- AIX lparstat commands reports (for example)
“Maximum Capacity” = 3
“Online Virtual CPUs” = 2
- ASE errorlog entries show :
SySAM Licensing capacity set to PARTITION licensing. All ASE instances running on IBM_LPAR_1 (HOSTID=PARTITION-ID=11112222aaaabbbb) will share licenses. License quantities are based on 12 logical processor(s), 3 core(s) in 1 chip(s).
SySAM: Checked out graced license for 3 ASE_CORE ... will expire Thu Sep 9 20:35:39 2021.
SySAM: Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s
SySAM: Insufficient ASE_CORE CPU licenses. ASE requires 3 ASE_CORE ("CP") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 2 could be obtained.
- All SYSAM enabled ex-Sybase products on IBM AIX OS :
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- SAP IQ
- SAP Replication Server (SRS)
“Maximum Capacity” , lparstat , sysamcap , sysamcap partition, cpuinfo , , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.