- severe performance issues with MD04 tcode causing high cpu utilization and very bad response time. The transaction ultimately gets aborted after maximum runtime exceeded
- Transaction MD16 cause 701 error on ASE.
- issue started after ASE was upgraded from 16.0 SP03 PL08 to PL10
- error 701 is seen in ASE log - There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure
- DBACockpit shows long running transactions busy in COMPILING state
- sp_w output shows memusage keeps increasing whereas physical_io stays the same over time
Only the following versions are affected by this issue
- SAP ASE 16.0 SP03 PL10
- SAP ASE 16.0 SP04 PL01
infinite loop, memusage increasing, 701, insufficient proc cache, COMPILING, MD16, MD04 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.