- severe performance issues with MD04 tcode causing high cpu utilisation and very bad response time. The transaction ultimately gets aborted after maximum runtime exceeded
- issue started after ASE was upgraded from 16.0 SP03 PL08 to PL10
- error 701 is seen in ASE log - There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure
- DBACockpit shows long running transactions busy in COMPILING state
- sp_w output shows memusage keeps increasing whereas physical_io stays the same over time
Only the following versions are affected by this issue
- SAP ASE 16.0 SP03 PL10
- SAP ASE 16.0 SP04 PL01
infinite loop, memusage increasing, 701, insufficient proc cache, COMPILING , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.