- Filter is not working as expected in a WFA report with multiple pages
- Only components with selectable structure enabled should be filtered, but moving to other pages in the report, the filter has a sticky result
- The issue only occurs if the users running the report select a node from a structure that they have restricted security set against on their role and that structure simultaneously is not hard coded at any level in the query
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Run the WFA report
- Change Report By filter in the first page e.g. Org Unit > Corporate
(i.e. structure node with restricted security permission)
- The report will display data as expected as per the filter selection (because the components have Selectable Structure enabled)
- Go to page 2 of the report that has no component with Selectable Structure enabled
- Check that the result has changed as per the filter selection from the first page
This is working as expected. All users must see data for every measures sliced by dimensions for which the user has access to irrespective of adding selectable structure/filters to the query.
For example, if an user has access only to North America region in location dimension, In Page 1, report by filter would be applied by default to North America and the query would show values of the selected measure for the North America region. In Page 2 even though there is no selectable structure applied, since the user has access only to north America, it will implicitly be applied to the query in addition to any filters applied at runtime or explicitly in the query design.
This is because of Tree Security Implicit Filtering feature. This feature will be applied in the case when there is(are) tree security restriction(s) applied for a structural dimension. That is the reason why the filter applied in report by gets carried to page 2 even though there is no selectable structure for dimensions which has tree security restrictions. The restriction needs to be maintained across all pages hence the implicit filtering which allows user to see data for which he has access to.
Filter not working as expected in a WFA report pages Tree Security Implicit Filtering selectable structure stick , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To