The issue is about the function of Data Point Comment.
The user adds a new column with the formula Comment() to retrieve the data point comments of one column. Then he clicks on each cell of the new column and a data point comment window will show.
Then he adds some comments and save them, the comments will show in the new column.
But they disappear after one day.
This is a bug.
This bug is fixed in 2021.15
Updating the dimension used in the comments fixes the issue: perform a manual update to the dimension by adding a DUMMY member and do a save.
This will ensure that all the context for that dimension will be regenerated in the Commenting side.
Apart from backend issue, there is also UI rendering issue for comments from Table side which will also be fixed with Q3 QRC release.
The workaround for UI issue is that, user must stay in the browser page until the table is completely loaded. If in case user navigates to different browser tab while table is still loading, the comments are partially displayed in the UI.
2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!