- Query references a view which select from a table with the same name and different owner.
- The query takes high cpu time (pss->pcpucur) and high memory pages from procedure cache memory pool (pss->pmemusage).
- Normal ‘kill spid’ doesn’t work, need to use force option ‘kill spid with force’.
- Drop and recreate the view may work again. May get into the problem again when reload database or ASE upgrade.
- Samples of ‘dbcc stacktrace(spid)’ for the looping process may include routine names: vu_viewcopy and memalloc.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 releases.
CR825249, CR#825249, 825249, vu_viewcopy, infinite loop. , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.