- Error is thrown when changing the amount of Pay Component in the Compensation Information portlet: null contains an invalid number format.
- An error appears when updating the amount of a Pay Component in a workflow request. In this case, an application error is shown with fingerprint=a22fac9c55230d6a831e5c16f3c9296b81b9c2ae.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Edit Compensation Information;
- Change any Pay Component amount;
- Copy and paste the relevant value from your sheet;
- Error "null contains an invalid number format".
- In a pending workflow request, click Update;
- Copy and paste the relevant value from your sheet into the Pay Component amount;
- Application error with fingerprint=a22fac9c55230d6a831e5c16f3c9296b81b9c2ae.
This error happens when a non-supported format is inherited from another platform through copy/paste operation.
If the value is being copied directly from another platform, make sure its format is text only or manually type it into the Amount field. Values formatted as Currency or Accounting will cause the error.
"An error occurred during retrieval of objects due to wrongly formatted input data", "com.successfactors.hris.api.exception.FormatException", fingerprint=a22fac9c55230d6a831e5c16f3c9296b81b9c2ae, null contains an invalid number format, pay component, amount, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-UI , History or MSS UI , Problem