- This article explains how to import attachments such as Resume and Cover Letter via Integration Center
- Notice that the article intends to show the Integration Center feature capability and let the users be more familiar with the tool. The integration described can have different behaviors on different system. Please reach out to your Implementation Team and/or Partner for implement the same if you are having any issues with it.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- Make sure Integration Center is setup
- Below permissions are prerequisites to successfully import data using Integration Center:
Manage Permission Roles > Recruiting Permissions > OData API Candidate Create permission
Manage Permission Roles > Recruiting Permissions > OData API Candidate Update permission
Manage Permission Roles > Metadata Framework > Admin access to MDF OData API
Steps to create an Attachment CSV Input Integration:
- Admin Center > Integration Center > My Integrations
- Once on My Integrations page, select Create > Scheduled CSV Input Integration
- Select the "candidateLight" entity - The CandidateLight entity allows a user to query, insert and update the candidate profile. It contains all core candidate profile data consisting of system, standard and custom fields. The metadata will show the standard and custom fields configured in the active template. If a field (standard or custom) is not configured in the template, then it will not show up in the metadata and not be a part of oData query. The system fields will always show up.
Compared to the existing candidate entity it provides exactly the same functionality but the validation of mandatory fields is different, fewer mandatory fields are available. More information on KBA 2569249
- Click Select
- Select Configure Fields tab
- Upload a CSV Sample File - Your CSV Sample File format will depend if you want either to the Resume or Cover Letter or both. In this article, we will cover both files.
In the CSV file, you should have your headers as the following example:
· Candidate ID - Represent the Candidate in which the system will upsert the attachment
· Resume - File Content - Name of the Resume file hosted in the SFTP
· Resume - File Name - Name that the file should receive (Recommended to use the same value as File Content)
· Resume - Module - Must receive the following value "RECRUITING"
· Cover Letter - File Content - Name of the Cover Letter file hosted in the SFTP
· Cover Letter - File Name - Name that the file should receive (Recommended to use the same value as File Content)
· Cover Letter - Module - Must receive the following value "RECRUITING"
After creating the file, it should be like the following example:
Click to update the created file:
- After uploading the file, change the view to Field Mapping View
- Now, you need to create the mapping for each column
Candidate ID > Candidate Id (candidateId) Int64
Resume - Field Content > Open the Resume Entity > fileContent Binary
Resume - File Name > Open the Resume Entity > fileName String
Resume - Module > Open the Resume Entity > module String
Cover Letter - Field Content > Open the Cover Letter Entity > fileContent Binary
Cover Letter - File Name > Open the Cover Letter Entity > fileName String
Cover Letter - Module > Open the Cover Letter Entity > module String
- Go to Source Settings tab and fill out all details from the File Server
- Go to Review and Run tab and run the integration
NOTE: After running the integration you will see one of the three icons next to the last execution time:
- A red x will mean the integration fails. Click in the execution time to check the logs and be able to identify what caused the failure
- A yellow exclamation sign means the integration concluded but with a few warning messages. Check the logs to see what are the warnings messages, most of the time the warnings messages do not cause any failure to the integration
- A green icon means the integration runs successfully
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To