The recruiter gets errorMessage=Cannot read property 'getValue' of undefined when updating job requisition field.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Recruiting
2. Open an existing job requisition
3. Update one of the field
4. User will get the errorMessage=Cannot read property 'getValue' of undefined.
There is a field change trigger that is associated in the business rules wherein the target field is not permissioned to the user.
Here are the troubleshooting you can do to identify source issue:
1. Identify the business rule that is giving the error. If there are multiple rules linked in one specific field change, remove them and retain only 1 to identify if this rules is giving the error or not. Do this in other business rules as well just to be sure that they are also not causing the error.
2. Once you identify the specific business rules that is giving the error, check the field reference in the IF and THEN statement if the user has permission. The user needs read/write permission if the reference field is in IF statement and write permission in THEN statement.
3. If the user is not supposed to have permission of the target fields, you can use the Save Rules trigger instead in the Manage Rules in Recruiting.
oninit, onchange, onsave, pre-approved, approved, closed, state, target roles. recruiter, hiring manager, originator, adhoc approver , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem