- Need Step-by-step guide on how to perform SAML Authentication configuration when BOE web application is deployed on NetWeaver Java Application Server
- Guide is written based on BI 4.3 Support Package 100 using SAP Cloud Identity Provider as the IdP
- This guide will provide only the Business Intelligence Platform related steps of the SAML configuration.
- Please note that enabling SAML 2.0 authentication on NetWeaver Java AS will involve the enabling and configuring features on the NetWeaver Java application server that will require a deeper knowledge of the NetWeaver product that this KBA can provide.
- The SAML workflow is processed on the NetWeaver Java AS and the log-in to the BI Platform will be performed using Trusted Authentication-based methods. Please see KBA 1795949 - Trusted Authentication with SAML Single Sign-On BI 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.3 (In this test environment, BI 4.3 Support Package 100 is used)
- Any Identity Provider (IdP) that supports SAML 2.0 standards (In this test environment, SAP Cloud Identity Provider is used)
- Netweaver Java Application Server (In this test environment, Netweaver 7.5 SP19 is used)
netweaver, nw, netweaver java as, bc-sec-lgn, saml, saml 2.0, boe, bi, bip, bobj, web, xml, sca, ear, war, jav, , KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.