- Need Step-by-step guide on how to perform SAML Authentication configuration when BOE web application is deployed on NetWeaver Java Application Server
- Guide is written based on BI 4.3 Support Package 100 using SAP Cloud Identity Provider as the IdP
- This guide will provide only the Business Intelligence Platform related steps of the SAML configuration.
- Please note that enabling SAML 2.0 authentication on NetWeaver Java AS will involve the enabling and configuring features on the NetWeaver Java application server that will require a deeper knowledge of the NetWeaver product that this KBA can provide.
- The SAML workflow is processed on the NetWeaver Java AS and the log-in to the BI Platform will be performed using Trusted Authentication-based methods. Please see KBA 1795949 - Trusted Authentication with SAML Single Sign-On BI 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.3 (In this test environment, BI 4.3 Support Package 100 is used)
- Any Identity Provider (IdP) that supports SAML 2.0 standards (In this test environment, SAP Cloud Identity Provider is used)
- Netweaver Java Application Server (In this test environment, Netweaver 7.5 SP19 is used)
netweaver, nw, netweaver java as, bc-sec-lgn, saml, saml 2.0, boe, bi, bip, bobj, web, xml, sca, ear, war, jav, , KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.