**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
After migrating to Granular Role Based Permission (RBP) model, admins who used to be able to save changes to EC-integrated Variable Pay templates are now getting the following error:
"You can no longer change the basis calculation equation configuration because at least one variable pay form has been created using this template".
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core
Compensation Management and Variable Pay
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as admin
- Go to Manage Permission Roles and select Compensation Administration role.
- Go to that role and under Administrative Permissions > Manager Variable Pay, remove the access to Employee Central Settings.
- Now save the role and log out the system.
- Relogin as admin
- Proxy as employee granted Compensation Administration role
- Go to Compensation Home and select template
- Go to Plan Setup > Settings and try to change the currency conversion table.
- Hit Save -- you should receive the error.
This is expected behavior. In the Legacy RBP Permission model, the permission Manage Variable Pay > Configure Program Permission had an implicit set of permissions including Employee Central Settings. With this, all the roles who has Configure Program Permission always had Employee Central Settings permission too. Hence, the users belonging to "Users Admin" did have access to those templates which are EC enabled and could make settings change for conversion rate table and save successfully before migration.
However, in Granular RBP, Configure Program Permission was broken down into individual permissions and removed, thus also removing the implicit permission to Employee Central Settings granted by the legacy permission.
Ensure that admins who are meant to have edit access to your EC-integrated templates also have Employee Central Settings permissions enabled for them. The permissions can be found in the following sections:
- Administrator Permissions > Manage Variable Pay > Employee Central Settings
granular rbp, employee central settings , KBA , LOD-SF-VRP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Problem