- How to validate the license key before starting the silent installtion Crystal Reports?
- How to check if the product key added to the response.ini file is valid before proceeding with the silent installation of Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a response.ini file to install Crystal Reports.
- Add the product keycode in the response.ini file, to the option: productkey=
- Silently install Crystal Reports using the command: setup.exe -r "C:\response.ini"
If the keycode is invalid, it will start Crystal Reports installation, then it will fail to install the product.
How to validate the keycode before starting the silent installation of Crystal Reports?
- There is no silent installation features that will enable checking if the product key entered is valid before starting the silent installation.
- The suggestion is to manually validate the product key (keycode) using the License Manager before copying it in the response.ini file. To do so:
- On a computer where Crystal Reports is already installed, go to the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86
- Search for the file: LicenseManager.exe
- Double click on: LicenseManager.exe
- In "License Manager", add the Product Key.
If you can add the product key, then you confirmed it is a valid keycode, and you can copy the keycode in the reponse.ini file to silently install Crystal Reports. But if it generates an error, you know it is an invalid product key.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020