- Reading external XML file and loading it into ASE can be improved regarding performance. With the increasing number of loading rows, the load time does not increase proportionally, but rather exponentially.
- For example, we have XML file which contains 44784 rows. The time of loading data from it to ASE ? 180 sec. About half of it load during 36 sec, but 14% of it load during 2 sec.
- Please see following table for details % of complete XML file
Number of loading rows Loading time, sec
14% 6400 2
29% 12775 10
48% 21643 36
74% 33361 96
100% 44784 180
- So, with the increasing number of loading rows, the load time increases greatly.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16
- XML Services
xml,xmltable,CR 825337,825337,CR825337 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.