You have delimited the validity of an org unit in the Organizational Management and noticed that in some documents (such as sales orders, opportunities) and reports where this org unit appears, its name is no longer shown, only its ID.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Access the Org Structures work center view.
- Open the relevant org unit.
- Click the pencil icon to enable Edit mode.
- Change the Valid To date in the header of the org unit from Unlimited to the desired date in the past.
- Now, check any document or report in which this org unit is mentioned; instead of showing the org unit's name, system shows only the ID.
As the org unit's name can vary over time, system always shows the current name of the org unit. If there is no current name of the org unit, the system shows the ID as a fallback.
Whenever an org unit's validity is limited to a certain data, the org unit name will no longer be "current" past that date. As such, system will resort to showing its ID as explained.
This is currently the standard system behavior.
If you wish for an alteration or enhancement of this behavior, please check the SAP Cloud for Customer Customer Influence to submit this as an idea under one of the links below:
org unit, name, missing, ID, delimit, validity , KBA , LOD-LE-OM-OM , Org. Management , How To