- Compliance forms are not triggered for the candidate when the name or address information has a special character.
- The compliance forms are triggered when the special characters are removed.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate onboarding for a candidate
- Login as the candidate and enter a special character in either their address or name
- Complete the Onboarding Process (PDC, CDC, Document Flow, and Compliance Step)
- Notice that the Compliance Forms are not triggered.
DEFECT: This is a known defect that the Engineering Team have already worked on.
- Onboarding is initializing the body of the pdf generation post a call specifically in the system.
- The system is using a default character set that is not UTF-8 encoding in which causes the problem when special characters are used in the body.
PERMANENT FIX: The Engineering Team introduced a fix that will be deployed on b2111 release and will be patched on the 4th of August.
- The team has modified system initialization to use UTF-8 as character set to enable proper encoding/decoding in onboarding compliance forms.
Reference internal ticket: OBX-18659
OBX-18659, INC0773711, Compliance, Compliance forms, Forms, OBX, Onboarding, ONB 2.0, Special Characters, Form Generation , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-DG , Generation of Documents using PFS , Known Error