- How Data Retention time is calculated for module specific DRTM purges?
- DRTM for module specific (as example list below) user with exit date within the retention period has its object purged or to be purged on the Preview Report;
- DRTM<module name>GroupObjectType file on the report shows error message "Master data should not be purged when module data is being purged"
This is for any DRTM that is not the Master Date, see example list below:
- DRTM Compensation/Variable Pay Purge
- DRTM Goal Management Purge
- DRTM Continuous Performance Purge
- DRTM Development Goal
- DRTM Performance Reviews
- DRTM Employee Profile Purge
- DRTM Employment Information
- DRTM Person Information
- DRTM Master Data Purge
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as an admin;
- Go to Data Retention Management;
- Create any DRTM purge that is not Master Data;
- Check on the reports;
Each object has its data retention time calculated from an specific date related to the object, not all from exit date. So that even data from active users can be purged via DRTM.
For error "Master data should not be purged when module data is being purged", the cause is that:
- All the Modules purges have this kind of “DRTMXXXGroupObjectType” file in the report. It is in relation to the Master data not Module data;
- So master data will not be purged as it is a module specific purge.
You can find on this Help page to reference of which parameter the data retention time is calculated.
All the module related data retention time will be related to an date from that object, such as completion date, last modified date and others listed on the page referred above.
Data Retention error wrongly excluded , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , Problem