You want to change the status of a Logistics Area to obsolete, however this is not possible due to the error:
Change logistics area status not possible; logistics area not empty
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Work centre Supply Chain Design Master Data.
- Select the Locations view.
- Select the Site ABC (ABC represents the Site ID) and click on Edit Layout.
- Expand the Logistics Area DEF (DEF represents the Logistics Area ID).
- Select the child Logistics Area XX (XX is the ID of the child Logistics Area).
- Click on the Change Status button --> Set to Obsolete.
Result: Change logistics area status not possible; logistics area not empty
The error text here is kind of misleading, as the obsolescence of the Logistics Area fails not due to the Logistics Area having inventory, but due to the fact that not all the underlying Logistics Areas are obsolete – the parent Logistics Area can be marked as obsolete only if all the underlying child Logistics Areas (that are Inventory-Managed) are obsolete.
Firstly you will need to mark all the underlying Logistics Areas as obsolete, so that you can then set the parent Logistics Area as obsolete too.
KBA , AP-LAS-LOA , Logistics Area , Problem