What does the Source type "Other" mean in Advanced Analytics?
What can be done to improve the source tracking and get this traffic properly categorized?
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
- Advanced Analytics
"Other" means the source is not currently classified.
"Other" traffic tends to refer to candidates that are referred from a URL that is not in our tracking system as of yet. Commonly these are from corporate URLs that are recently referenced.
In order to determine what the "other" sources may be, a backend report needs to be requested by the Advanced Analytics support team to extract the referring URLs from the "Other" traffic.
Once the list is obtained, customers can work with the team to decide how best to address these by adding relevant sources via hard coding or leveraging campaign tracking.
- The "other" source definition can be confused with "Direct" traffic, however the difference between them is that "Other" has captured a referring URL while "Direct" has not.
- The traffic information is only retained for 90 days so only traffic for the last 90 days can be looked at. A full history report is not possible.
- Customers must have a large amount of such entries to justify this work being carried out.
- Also note that only the larger trafficked URLs will be resolved. It is impossible to resolve all of them.
2611158 - List of Source Types and Definitions for Applicants and Visitors - RMK
2489548 - "Direct Source" in Advanced Analytics - Recruiting Marketing
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-AAN , Advanced Analytics - Professional Services , How To