For leads created via SOAP interface, the Sales Organization is empty.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Trigger Lead creation for a non existing account via SOAP interface (for example, Lead Replication from SAP Business Suite to C4C).
- Open the created lead.
- You see, that an Owner (Sales) party was determined based on lead routing rules as expected.
- However, the Sales Organization is empty.
There is a difference between the sales organisation of the logon-user and the sales organisation of the sales employee.
If the combined sales area is activated, then the account of the lead and the logon employee will play a role during sales organisation determination.
In our example lead, neither the lead account nor the creation Identity (technical user) have sales data --> therefore the lead will have no sales data (Sales data is not set externally as well).
Once there is a manual change, the system will not determine again - manual changes rule over automatic assignments.
1. This is expected system behaviour by design.
2. If you want the system to assign based on party rules upon creation, you can in addition create a workflow on every save. For the BO Leads there is a system pre-defined workflow rule action called 'Assign Leads Using Rules'. This action will trigger assignment via routing rules.
So upon every save (if that is the timing you set on the workflow rule), if there is a change, the system will determine the values based on the routing rules as the workflow checks and forces the system to trigger from the rules. This will work even if you create leads from an external system.
KBA , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , How To