The party role 'Organizer' is set as unique in the Business Configuration Fine Tuning Activities "Activities" for 'Involved Parties for Appointments'. However, while you get the error message 'Please use not more than 1 party(ies) of role Organizer', it is possible to add a second organizer to Appointments manually and to successfully save the object.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Activities work centre.
- Go to the Appointments view.
- Create a new appointment.
- You see, that an Organizer was determined by the system.
- Go to the Involved Parties tab.
- Click Add.
- You are able to select a new role as Organizer.
Result: You get the error 'please use not more than 1 party(ies) of role Organizer', but you are able to save the appointment with two party roles 'Organizer'. Note: the same can be true for other roles.
Due to customer demand, we allow to add some roles more than once.
To stop a role from getting added double, please create a Code List Restriction for the BO.
- Go to the Administration work centre.
- Go to the General Settings view
- Click 'Code List Restriction'.
- Create new for:
- BO: Activities, Code to restrict: Party Role, Control Field: Document Type.
- Save and Open.
- Click Edit.
- For Appointments, remove the checkbox for Organizer.
Organizer, Organiser, fine Tuning, role, twice, more than once , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , Problem