- You receive error when entering Serial ID longer than 30 characters in C4C: "Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 30 character(s)."
- You are experiencing issues when replicating registered products with Serial ID exceeding 30 characters from an external system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Installed Base work centre.
- Go to the Registered Products view.
- Click New button.
- Enter Serial ID longer than 30 characters.
- Error: "Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 30 character(s)."
Serial ID has to be less than 30 characters, also to be able to replicate from external system.
The feature to configure the Serial ID length is not supported in the current release of SAP Cloud for Customer.
- Contact your Account Executive
- Check the link https://www.sap.com/uk/services/advisory-development.html
An alternative option may be to check the “SAP Cloud for Customer” Customer Influence to submit an idea:
SAP Service Cloud: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/1867
c4c, erp, external system, replicate, serial id, registered product, 30, length, 30 characters, limit, exceeding , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem