Conversion between Order UOM and Planning UOM cannot be batch dependent error message in customer demand.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Navigate to Customer Demand view.
- Search for the relevant customer demand, select a line item and choose Edit button.
- Choose the line item which you need to release and from the Actions button select the option Check Availability.
The reported error message is displayed.
- ATP shall not consider batches while giving confirmations and ATP uses planning UOM as the basis for its confirmation.
- Since the ATP considers only stock independent of batch for availability confirmation, the unit of measure maintained in planning and the unit of measure used in sales order should not be batch dependent.
System behavior is the result of incompatible setting maintained in product master data. This is not a bug in the system.
Blog explaining Batch Specific Conversions in SAP BusinessByDesign
Conversion between planning UOM and Order UOM cannot be Batch dependent, Warning message appears "Conversion between planning UOM and Order UOM cannot be Batch dependent" , KBA , batch dependent uom , batch dependent uom error , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , Problem