You create a journal entry voucher with type of 00047 - Manual Posting - Journal Entry Voucher.
You notice there is only Cost Center available in the codelist of Account Assignment Type.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger and select common task New Manual Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select company.
- Select Set of Books and XYZ (XYZ stands for the ID of Set of Books).
- Select Journal Entry Type as 00047 - Manual Posting - Journal Entry Voucher and Screen Variant as 601 - Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select G/L Account AAAAAA, you can see a lot of options in the Account Assignment Type codelist.
- Then select G/L Account BBBBBB, you can only get Cost Center in the Account Assignment Type codelist.
Refer to business configuration activity Mandatory Account Assignments. For chart of accounts of Set of Books XYZ, G/L account BBBBBB is listed as having Cost Center as mandatory account assignment. It also has service order and customer contract - these types will not appear in the codelist for manual journal entry voucher though because they are specific for sales ledger, which doesn't have account assignment visible on the screen but derives it based on the entries in the line item.
System works as designed
Account Assignment Type, Manual Journal Entry Voucher , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To