Field A is set to invisible by an onView rule in a portlet.
Editing Field B in the same portlet should make Field A visible due to an onChange rule under Field B, however Field A is still invisible.
How to set the visibility of Field A if it is not visible when editing?
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- there is an onView rule in jobInfo portlet to set field A invisible
- go to People Profile page
- insert a new record to change field B value
- field A should appear due to an onChange rule under field B
- however, field A does not show up
This works by design. Currently, it is not supported to change a field's visibility if the field is not visible when editing.
Even though it is saying that the rule executed successfully in the rule trace log, onChange rule will not set the field to be visible if the field is not visible before value change.
Please remove the onView rule which makes field A invisible, or at least set the visiblity to be view.
onView, onChange, visibility, business rule , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To