You are trying to upload supplier invoice via excel and encounter following error: "The value XXXXX of the field withholding tax code(1) is invalid."
Here XXXXX refers to custom tax code.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the supplier invoice excel
- Log in to ByDesign add on
- Enter the details with custom tax code
- Select "save to" on the excel
- Error encountered
For the field WithholdingTaxationCharacteristicsCode, in the standard excel template, max length is restricted to 4 char and hence user is getting error on trying to save.
You can check this in the following way:
1. Change the extension of template to .zip instead of .xlsx
2. Unzip it, you will get folder with same name
3. Open xmlmaps.xml file
4. Search for WithholdingTaxationCharacteristicsCode, you can see max length is 4.
We do not support PDI/custom withholding tax with the name being longer than 4 chars in the standard field.
You must change name of custom tax code to a 4 char (or) contact partner to create extension fields and make use of PDI to populate this value in the excel.
2190717 - Error Appears While Uploading Supplier Invoices via Microsoft Excel
error with custom tax code, excel upload error, The value of the field withholding tax code is invalid, WithholdingTaxationCharacteristicsCode , KBA , withholding tax code is invalid , supplier invoice excel error , custom tax code error , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , Problem