- When I click on Refer a Friend button and I submit the referral I receive the message “A user by this email has already been submitted to this job.”;
- Unable to refer a job to a friend in the internal career site.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK)
Reproducing the Issue
- As employee access the Internal Career Site powered by CSB;
- Click on Home > Careers or go to external career site and click on Employee Login link located in the page header;
- Search for an internal job postings;
- Click on Refer a Friend button;
- Fill out the information and submit the form.
The message “A user by this email has already been submitted to this job.” is misleading since it might presented for an employee in two scenarios:
- RCM has candidate ownership feature. If candidate is owned by an employee for referral , another employee can’t refer that candidate to any other job.
- The person was being referred already exists on this job (referred by someone else) for the same job requisition.
Product Management team is evaluating the possibility to have a separated message for both scenarios in the internal career site.
- Go to Career Site Builder > Tools > Translations;
- Type refer on the first filter;
- Change the translation of the Resource Key rfmessagecode_exists_on_job to something else:
- e.g. "Either this email (person) was referred by someone else for this particular job or this email (person) cannot be referred to any job.".
Employee Referral, Refer a Friend, ICS, Internal Career Site, CSB, Candidate already exists on Job , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-ICS , Internal Career Site Builder (CSB, IAS, etc ...) , Known Error