- Unable to create BW Acquire Data Connection with Message Server.
- While setting up connection for BW, it only gives option for "Application Server".
- The Import connection for SAP BW systems should be able to use SAP BW logon groups / message server.
- Currently a single BW instance must be defined with corresponding instance number.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Follow help guide: Import Data Connection to an SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA System
- Go to (Main Menu) Connection Connections (Add Connection).
The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select SAP BW.
- In the New BW Connection dialog, enter the following information:
- In the Connection Information section, add a Connection Name and Description.
- In the Datasource Configuration section, select the Location of your cloud connector from the list.
- Enter the Application Server, System Number, Client ID, and Language. => use message server or e.g. F5 server details as Application server name.
- Enter the User ID and the Password for your SAP BW system.
- Choose Create => connectivity doesn't work.
BW acquisition connection to message server through the use of logon groups is not supported.
- An enhancement request is already opened for the topic: Import Connection should use SAP BW logon groups / message server
- Please, review and vote for it, that you wish to support and plan to take advantage of in your organization. Note: You will be notified on updates regarding ideas you have voted for.
This document and SAP‘s strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU-BW , Data Acquisition from BW , Problem