For business requirements, a navigation ($expand) from CompetencyEntity, is needed to get capabilityCategory and capabilityGroup name, description and external code, as well as information on what capabilityGroup is associated, what capabilityCategory is associated to the group.
The field type of capabilityCategory and capabilityGroup in Configure Object Definitions is Generic Object, whereas in OData APi dictionary is string field with the visibility set to "false". OData API for competencyEntity is not matching the MDF object definition.
- Configure Object Definitions for Competency Entity:
- OData API Dictionary screenshot:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API
- Configure Object Definitions
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to OData API Dictionary
- Look for CompetencyEntity
- Vew the capabilityCategory and capabilityGroup fields
- Now go to Configure Object Definitions and search for the CompetencyEntity
- What is observed is that capabilityCategory and capabilityGroup have generic object type
Fields, capabilityCategory and capabilityGroup, are introduced in 2105 release and they will not be a part of Odata v2 API.
As part of 2111 release Odata v4 APIs will be published, which will have all the details that are needed and described in the Symptom section.
However, ODATA v2 APIs can still be used to create the Competency the old way.
OData API, MDF, OData Dictionary, Configure Object Definitions , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , Problem