You execute depreciation run for migrated fixed asset AAA in period 012.YYYY, but there is no postings for the selected fixed asset and you get an information under tab Messages in the depreciation run saying 'For the selected fixed assets, posting not required in set of books HHH'.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets Work Center.
- Go to Depreciation View.
- Select all depreciation runs.
- Find depreciation run BBBB.
- Click the log result of the run.
- Go to tab messages, you get information: 'For the selected fixed assets, posting not required in set of books HHH'.
- Go to tab Postings, there is no any postings.
You have migrated the fixed asset in 012.YYYY and in the migration template you filled, the field 'Cumulated Historical Depreciation' is filled with 0. So there is no depreciation for this fixed asset in period 012.YYYY.
Since the depreciation didn't happen, also manual depreciations in fiscal year YYYY will not be possible, you have now to decide whether to accept that for all involved assets (depreciations starting in YYYY+1); Or you would have to reverse the migration for all involved fixed assets.(Tab 'Migration' / 'Reverse Migration') and then retire the assets by setting the Deactivation Date '31.12.YYYY'.
For the selected fixed assets, posting not required in set of books; depreciation; fixed asset; no postings. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem