With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2108, billing applications such as Release Billing Proposals, Edit Billing Request, Release Billing Requests, and Schedule Release of Billing Proposals are deprecated.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2108 onwards.
Reproducing the Issue
When you create a new business role from the business role template Project Manager - Commercial Services (SAP_BR_PROJ_MANAGE_COMM), old billing applications are no longer available on the launchpad of the business user.
The business catalogs Project Management - Projects Billing (SAP_PSP_BC_PRJ_BILLING_PC) and Project Management - Project Billing Scheduling (SAP_PS_BC_PROJ_BILL_SCHDL_PC) have been deprecated.
After creating a new business role from the business role template Project Manager - Commercial Services (SAP_BR_PROJ_MANAGE_COMM), you must manually include the Project Management - Projects Billing (SAP_PSP_BC_PRJ_BILLING_PC) and Project Management - Project Billing Scheduling (SAP_PS_BC_PROJ_BILL_SCHDL_PC) business catalogs or other business catalogs as per your business need.
A new set of billing applications along with new billing document types is now available with the scope item Project Billing - Project-Based Services (4E9). It is recommended to switch to the new billing solution for all new customer projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I begin using the new billing solution for my customer projects?When you use the Create Customer Projects or Plan Customer Projects app to create a new project, you can indicate your decision to use the new billing solution by setting the value of the Use Project Billing (New) field to Yes. You can also make this choice for existing customer projects that are still in planning, before the project is moved to the Contract Preparation stage.
- As an existing customer, how should I process billing documents for my existing projects?You can continue using the deprecated apps to process billing documents for your existing projects. However, we recommend that you switch to the Manage Project Billing app for all new customer projects.
- Are there any prerequisites to use the Manage Project Billing app?
- For billing elements to appear in the Manage Project Billing app, the following prerequisites must be met in the Create Customer Projects / Plan Customer Projects app:
- Set the Use Project Billing setting of your project to Yes.
- Set the stage of a customer project to In Execution.
- Set the Time and Expenses, Fixed Price, or Periodic Service contract type for billing elements.
- Define at least one billing plan item to billing items.
- For Fixed Price items, the billing plan item specifies the amount and billing due date.
- For Time and Expenses items, the billing plan item specifies the billing due date.
- For Periodic Services, the billing plan item specifies the amount, billing due date and the period of service.
For more information about the Manage Project Billing app, see the documentation on the SAP Help Portal.
KBA , PS-FIO-REV , Fiori UI for Project Systems-Revenues and Reso. Rel. Billing , Problem