- In a Linux / Unix BI Platform environment hosted in Australia, scheduled instances' runtimes are adjusted +/- one hour, four times per year, coinciding with Daylight Saving Time changes in both Australia and the United States:
- -1 hour when DST begins in the US (March)
- -1 hour again when DST ends in Australia (April)
- +1 hour when DST begins in Australia (October)
- +1 hour when DST ends in the US (November)
- Historical timestamps are unaffected -- only instances which were Pending / Recurring at the time of the relevant DST time change are affected
- All content types are affected -- Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, Publications, Program Objects, etc.
- Local time zone settings are set correctly, as prescribed in KBA 2408645, specifically:
- /etc/localtime is a symbolic link forwarding to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/Melbourne
- and the BI user has a variable $TZ=Australia/Melbourne
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- supported Linux / Unix operating systems
bip bi 4.x 4.* 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 bi4.x bi4.x bi4.* bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 bi4.3 rhel redhat red hat el suse enterprise sles sun sparc solaris powerpc ibm aix webi cr publication hourly daily weekly monthly instance , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.