Usually GL account is passed on from Purchase order to Goods and service receipt(GSR) and then from GSR to Supplier invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Purchase requests and orders workcenter
2. Purchase orders
3. Select the Purchase order
4. Navigate to the items tab and further to the account assignment tab
6. Go to document flow tab and open the follow up documents
Where G/L account in the GSR or the Supplier invoice of this purchase order is empty
GSR was not manually created but via time confirmation it was created automatically.
Currently we have a technical limitation to send GL account from PO to GSR in such cases where GSR is created automatically from a time confirmation.
This feature is not supported in the current release of SAP Business ByDesign.
however this can be achieved by Partner add-ons ,who can read the info from Purchase order when the GSR is created from time recording to populate G/L accounts in GSR and invoice.
1.If you are a partner: you can help develop this using SDK or please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder .
2.If you are a customer: if you already have a partner ,ask them to help develop it for you through SDK.
a. Contact your the Account Executive
b. Check the link https://www.sap.com/uk/services/advisory-development/application-development.html#contact-us
3. An alternative option may be to check the Customer Influence Forum to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#campaign/886
GL account, Account assignment missing, , KBA , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Problem