- The following error is seen after increasing the length of a custom field and trying to save the change:
- Custom field <FieldID> could not be updated
- There is no error when increasing the length by a smaller amount
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Custom Fields app
Reproducing the Issue
- Edit an existing custom field
- Increase the length of the field
- Click the "Save" button
- Error is displayed after a brief time
The capacity of the associated business context is full.
Increase the field by a lesser amount that does not exceed the available capacity of the associated business context.
Regarding business context capacity, keep the following in mind:
- "On average, you can create 100 fields per business context and you have 1000 characters available for all business contexts, except Coding Block. You can see the currently available space when adding a new custom field in the Business Context Capacity indicator. The amount of capacity that a field requires depends on its type and the defined length. You can also check the remaining capacity in the Extensibility Cockpit."
Business context capacity details documented here:
increase field length text custom business context capacity s/4hana cloud s/4 hana , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-EXT-FLD , Custom Fields , Problem