You find that you can still add new rows for finished stock transfer order and create outbound delivery against the newly added items.
You would like it being completed and not editable.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics Control work center.
- Go to Customer Demand view.
- Filter the list: Stock Transfer Orders.
- Open stock transfer order ABC (ABC represents for the ID of stock transfer order).
- You find all the items for this stock transfer order are in Canceled status. The overall status of this stock transfer order is Finished.
- However, you can still add rows for this stock transfer order, and able to create outbound delivery against the newly added items.
As stock transfer orders are internal facing documents, allowing the addition of new items to a finished stock transfer order allows more flexibility to the user.
Instead of creating new orders, you can just add new items to existing orders. It is up to you if you wish to add additional items or not to an existing stock transfer order.
Unlike sales orders and purchase orders, which are external facing, the behavior is different. Once these are finished, it is not possible to add new items
This is expected system behavior.
Stock Transfer Order, Finished, Canceled, Add Row, Outbound Delivery , KBA , AP-CR-CR , Customer Requirement , Problem