SAP Product Support have requested that you create a Support User within your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant, so that they can attempt to reproduce an issue on your tenant.
- How to create a Support User in SAP Analytics Cloud?
- What is the Support User Process?
- Is the Support User process supported 24x7?
- Does a Support User consume licenses?
- What is the maximum amount of Support Users that can exist on a tenant?
- What are some limitations of the Support User?
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021 and above
A Support User within SAP Analytics Cloud allows SAP to access your tenant without requiring an internal users credentials to be provided. This allows SAP Product Support and Development engineers to access your SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant and reproduce issues to investigate further, without customer engagement.
How to create a Support User in SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Log in to your SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant
- At the top right, click the "?" button
- Select the Create Support User button
- Select Create
From here, SAP will begin the steps to activate this user, and maintain the password within the Secure Area of the incident that has been created by the Customer. If the Secure Area is restricted, the engineer may reach out to you to request these limitations to be removed, so that they can maintain the password securely, for other engineers to view the password, if the Support User is required for multiple incidents.
What is the Support User Process?
- SAP will request the customer to create a Support User
- Once this has been completed, SAP Product Support will activate this user and maintain a secure / strong password within the Secure Area of the incident (See: 1773689 - How to add logon credentials securely to an incident - SAP ONE Support Launchpad (Support Portal))
- The customer should provide necessary roles to the Support User upon creation, so that the engineer can have appropriate access to reproduce the issue
- If the Support User requests Roles, these can be approved by accessing Menu > Security > Requests.
Is the Support User process supported 24x7?
Yes, Support Users are intended to be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Does a Support User consume licenses?
No, the Support User will not consume any Business Intelligence, Planning Standard, or Planning Professional licenses.
What is the maximum amount of Support Users that can exist on a tenant?
Up to Five (5) Support Users can exist on an SAP Analytics Cloud tenant at one time. However, it is the responsibility of the customer to add, maintain and delete these users when appropriate.
Will the Support User still work even if my tenant is configured with a Custom SAML SSO Identity Provider (IdP)?
Yes, the Support User will still be able to log in to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant if you are using a Custom IdP. If you are using SAML SSO as an Authentication Method to Stories and Models based on Live Data Connections (Direct) the Support User will not be able to access your data, please see below for more information.
What is the validity period of a Support User?
Support Users will exist until they are deleted from the Users page found at Menu > Security > Users. Therefore, it is the customer's responsibility to maintain and delete these users when appropriate.
Can a Support User be used for more than one incident or issue?
Yes, please make sure to include the ID of an existing Support User, if it is not maintained within the Secure Area for any reason, as Product Support should be able to reset the password and maintain the credentials for you, assuming the Secure Area is not restricted. Please see below for more information about Restricted Secure Areas:
2430730 - How to restrict visibility of the logon data maintained in secure area of an incident
What are some limitations of the Support User?
- Direct Live Data Connections with SAML SSO Authentication
- Support Users will not be able to open Stories or Models based on Direct Live Data Connections when the Authentication Method is SAML SSO. SAP Product Support will offer an alternative solution and usually request an Export of the Story, Model and Connection, along with datasource credentials, and a HTTP Based Tools Connection to be opened. (See: 1787981 - Service connection "HTTP-based Tools")
- Direct Live Data Connections where the datasource is not exposed to the internet
- Support Users will also not be able to open Stories or Models on Direct Live Data Connections where the datasource is not accessible outside of the corporate network scenario, or publicly available to the public internet, however this is not exclusive to the Support User and will occur with any user or browser, where the datasource cannot be reached
- Cloud Analytics Identity Provider Activation / Password Reset Email Failure
- The SAP Product Support engineer will make every effort to activate or reset the password for the Support Users you have created, to reduce customer efforts, but in the event that this is not possible, the SAP Product Support engineer may request you to recreate the Support User to speed up incident processing
- Support Users created before Custom IdP is activated
- Please note that if a Support User was created when using the Default SAP Identity Provider, it will not work after changing to a Custom Identity Provider, so a new Support User will need to be created
- Support Users also cannot be used to troubleshoot SAML or Identity Provider issues, as the System Owner is required for this
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , LOD-ANA-AUT , SAC Authentication / Login , Problem