- SUM upgrade fails during the Configuration stage - phase: SHDINST_PREP
- Per SYBCTRL.OUT, the command: sybctrl set_shadow_password fails:
Error: setting password for shadow user failed.
- SAP system as well as SUM are using the atest versions of SAP Kernel, DBSL and sybctrl
- Command-line execution of "sybctrl verify_secure_store" works fine
- The password for SAPSR3SHD user satisfies the ASE password policy rules - isql connection with this user/password works fine
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver - all versions
- SUM 1.0 and 2.0 - latest SPs
SUM, sybctrl, set_shadow_password, SAPSR3SHD, SHDINST_PREP, password, "shadow user", shadow, user, "enable functionality group", "quoted identifier" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.