In the planning area of the org structure, you want to change the definitions of org units as business residence or company.
- An org unit is a business residence and needs to be changed to a company.
- An org unit is a company and needs to be changed to a business residence.
This is not possible and when saving or when checking the org unit and dependent org units, errors occur., e.g.:
- Business residence ABC cannot be moved from its current company (where ABC represents the Business Residence)
- Position KLM cannot be moved to company XYZ (Where KLM represents the Position and XYZ represents the Company)
SAP Business ByDesign
This kind of interchange is not possible, even when no transactions for the affected org units exist. Reason: When ever a company is created, associated business partner entities are created in the backend. Similarly for business residence also multiple entries get created.
In order to solve the example problem, try the following:
- Create a company with new Org ID
- Create Business Residence with new Org ID
- Cut the Org Unit structure under previous Business Residence and move it to the newly created Business Residence
- Delete the previous Business Residence
- Mark the Structure for previous Company as Obsolete
A adjusted approach following the same logic can be used when a business residence or a company needs to be deleted and replaced.
delete company business residence switch exchange reverse revert remove , KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Problem