- Warning regarding multiple starting points.
- In Crystal Reports, when closing the Database Expert, why does it display the following warning:
"Your current configuration contains multiple starting points.
Please be advised that this is generally not supported."
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- The warning indicates the report contains unlinked tables, views, or stored procedures.
- Crystal Reports is a relational database reporting tool, and tables, views, or stored procedure on a report needs to be linked.
- When the tables, views, or stored procedure, are not linked, it will create a Cartesian join between all the object added on the report, which will return an unexpected result. This is why the warning indicates it is generally no supported. It is only supported if the desired outcome is the result of a cartesian join between the tables.
- Link the tables in the Database Expert in Crystal Reports.
- If there is no relationalship between the Tables, Views or Stored Procedures, use one on the main report, and the other in different subreports, as a subreport, is a report within a report.
CR, cross-join , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020