For entity VendorInfo custom objects are not being filtered by the OData API even though the field has been set as upsertable.
The field is present in the OData API Dictionary, however, it is not listed in the result body of the query: https://apisalesdemo4.successfactors.com/odata/v2/VendorInfo/$metadata
- Screenshot of VendorInfo in the OData API data dictionary:
- The result from Postman:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API
- Google Postman
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to OData API Dictionary
- Look for VendorInfo entity
- Vew the navigation object fields
- Now try to query metadata in Postman using the following query: https://apisalesdemo4.successfactors.com/odata/v2/VendorInfo/$metadata
- What it is observed that VendorInfo entity doesn’t bring the navigation properties
(Refer to Postman screenshot in Symptom section)
This is an expected behaviour as VendorInfo is a MDF object, therefore it cannot be used to filter the navigation properties.
As this is an expected behaviour, there is a workaround where you can use /odata/v2/$metadata to filter complete metadata, including the navigation objects.
OData API, MDF, Navigation Object, OData Dictionary , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem