Exclusion rule maintained for Accounts in Transport Zone A is being overridden by the Allowed Products rule maintained in the transport lane of the zone A.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Navigate to Common Tasks view and choose the option New Sales Order (Advanced).
- Enter the Account as ABC.
- Navigate to the Items tab, enter the product as PQR and choose the Check Availability button.
- You see that the system picks up the Ship-From location as 1234.
As per the master data settings the system should have picked up 6789, since the account ABC is blocked in the transport zone with Id MNO.
Note: ABC, PQR, MNO, 1234, 6789 are all dummy values used for the purpose of clarity and not real data.
- Each condition maintained in Transport Zone works based on OR condition rather than AND condition.
- If any one of the conditions in the transport zone is met and a customer account is available in the list which satisfies the condition, the system will propose the relevant transport zones with the account.
- In above case there is a condition in which Account ABC is selected and specifically excluding ABC will not work as one of the conditions have the account ABC selected.
- The system behavior is not a bug, but a result of the settings maintained. You can change the behavior reported by changing the settings in transport zone.
transport zone error, wrong source of supply, system selects wrong source of supply, transport zone bug, exclusion condition error in transport zone, conditions does not work in transport zone, wrong transport lane selected , KBA , AP-LDM-TZ , Transportation Zone , Problem