- Parameter ‘enable ssl = 1’ in ASE configuration file.
- No one could login, either SSL or non-SSL connection attempt failed.
- No error between latest login and ASE hung.
- There exists a timeslice in recv() call and other SSL errors in errorlog before latest login.
- There exists one connection had ‘Command: 0 MAINTENANCE TOKEN’ in sybmon command who output. The connection was hanging during login after SSL handshake.
- NetController was hanging in recv() call, multiple samples of ‘pstack dataserver_pid’ show the following stack:
Thread 2 (Thread 0x7f862ee51700 (LWP 127127)):
recv () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0 --- Receive a message from a socket
iocRunController () --- Entry point for io controller
start_thread () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
clone () from /lib64/libc.so.6
- In ASE errorlog, NetController had LWP# 1271127 which is pstack above:
"kernel I/O controller 2 (NetController) is running as task 786438 on thread 12 (LWP 127127)."
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL09.
NOTE: This issue was reported on controlled release EBF 29673 which has fix of SSL CR 819937 (KBA 2832542) on top of 16.0 SP03 PL09.
CR 824955, 824955, SSL, NetController, hung, login, MAINTENANCE TOKEN , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.