- You have created the Sales Order XXX (XXX represents the ID of the Sales Order) with a Requested Date set to 31.01. (these are randomly selected dates used as examples to better illustrate the exact behaviour).
- The document is created on 25.01.
- Upon releasing the corresponding Customer Demand you have noticed that the Delivery Date for the respective line item has changed to 25.01. which is prior to the maintained Requested Date in the Sales Order.
- You want to know why this date is not being taken into consideration by the system.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work centre Outbound Logistics Control.
- Select the Customer Demand view.
- Search for the document XXX.
- Select it and click on Edit.
- Go to the Schedule Lines.
Result: You will notice that the Requested Delivery Date is 31.01. however the Fulfilled Delivery Date is 25.01.
Sales Order XXX has Delivery Priority set to Immediate.
Due to this setting the products are delivered immediately, at the earliest possible date based on their availability and transport lane duration without considering the requested Delivery Date.
This is the expected system behaviour.
If you want the system to consider the maintained Requested Date for delivery, then you will need to set the delivery priority to Normal.
requested delivery date, fulfilled delivery date, sales order, delivery priority , KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , Problem