You are checking the result of production lot actual costing, you would like to know how the total variance is calculated.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to Production Lot Actual Costing view.
- Search Production Lot XXX.
- Click View.
- Click View All.
- You will see the Total Variance of Production Lot XXX is ABC.
The formular of the Total Variance = Actual Input cost – Actual Output Cost.
The formular of the Actual Input cost = Sum of all (Goods Issue for Production) + Sum of all (Internal Service Confirmation) + Sum of all (Overheads).
The formular of the Actual Output Cost = Sum of all (Goods Receipt from Production) + Sum of all (By Products).
You can refer to the example below:
- The total variance is 238.405,07.
- In the production Lot Actual Costing, under tab 'Input Material', 'Services', and 'Overhead', you will get the Actual Input cost = Sum of all (Goods Issue for Production) + Sum of all (Internal Service Confirmation) + Sum of all (Overheads) = (201,38+59.906,00) + (5.855,23+1.415,44+15.753,12+5.539,56+9.001,78) + (37.284,90+16.355,59+68.735,20+78.607,61+37.858,08) = 336.513,89.
- To get the Actual Output Cost = Sum of all (Goods Receipt from Production) + Sum of all (By Products)(In this case, there is only Goods Receipt from Production), take down the Material ID and go to Inventory Cost History or you could go to the document flow of the prodcution lot XXX, then you can get the posted amount in the Journal Entry = 95.578,00.
- So the total variance = Actual Input cost – Actual Output Cost = 336.513,89 - 95,578.00 = 240.935,89. (Here, the difference between 238.405,07 and 240.935,89 is due to rounding calculation).
Variance. Production Lot Actual Costing. 生产跟踪单实际成本. 差异. , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To