The Following Error message comes up when trying to modify the values in New Hire Record in Job Information :
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to user's Job Information and on history, try to change a value of a Field on New Hire record.
- Upon saving, an Error message comes up as indicated above
- This issue comes up due to the presence of an OnSave rule on the customer's Instance.
- The Rule creates a custom Generic Object for the Employee, it populates the external Code = Job Information.User ID.
- For the given user, this object would already exist, and the rule tries to create another object with the same external code, which is not supported.
- Run a Rule trace to identify which Rule is causing this
- Re-configure the trigger logic of the Business Rule by modifying the If condition etc
SF, EC, Success factors, Employee Central , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-RUL , Job Info Business Rules , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment & Termination Details) , Known Error