You have a Custom Button responsible for triggering an EventHandler to execute, for example, a BOAction Operation. However, you notice that the Action is not executed when the button is clicked.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- You have an Extension Business Object (XBO) in your Add-On Solution.
- You have enhanced a Standard Screen for this XBO.
- Using the Add Custom Action option in the Extensibility Explorer, you have bound an Action and have provided a Button Text.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open the Standard Screen in the UI.
- Click the Custom Action.
The Button Text provided includes an unsupported special character (for example, "ä", "é", "ß"). The EventHandler name is generated from the Button Text and this special character is not accepted by the system at runtime.
All enhancements done in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio or UI Designer should done in English. All UI Texts including the Button Text can be translated using PDI or via Language Adaptation in the UI.
PDI, SDK, Custom Action, Extensibility Explorer, UI Designer, XBO, special character, EN , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , AP-RC-BDS-BO , ByDesign Studio BO definition/generation , Problem