- Unable to change the path of an OLE Object.
- Cannot change the Location Path of an Excel OLE Object inserted on a report in Crystal Reports.
- How to change the path of an OLE Object inserted on a report in Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Insert an Excel OLE object on the report.
- Right click on the OLE object, and select "Format graphic"
- In the "Format Editor", under the tab "Picture", add a new Graphic Location to another Excel file.
- When refreshing the report, notice that the OLE object is not updated.
- The "Graphic Location" feature only supports the image formats that can be shown as an image in the formatted report page, and this is why this functionality is available under the tab: "Picture", and this is why it is not working for OLE Object like: MS Word, Excel, and PDF
- To change the OLE Object inserted on the report, delete the current one, and create a new OLE Object.
CR, 4.2, 4.3, 4.1, limitation, workaround , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020