Cannot change Location Path of an Excel OLE Object.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Excel OLE object in a crystal report
- Right click on the OLE object->Format graphic->Picture-> add a new Graphic Location to another Excel file
- Notice that the OLE object is not updated
- The "Graphic Location" feature only supports the image formats that can be shown as an image in the formatted report page,And that is why this functionality is available under "picture" tab.
- The image format can be DIB, EMF, OleImage, or other image formats that are supported by third party libraries like paintLib.
- Graphic location of OLE objects such as Word, Excel, and PDF is not supported because the designer can not dynamically vary their file location.
Create a new OLE Object and delete the previous one.
CR, 4.2, 4.3, 4.1, limitation, workaround , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem