Failed to import new version members to the Version dimension by columns mapping in a Analytic model
- SAP Analytic Cloud 2021.7.7
Reproducing the Issue
- Open an Analytic model.
- Import a file to the model, there are several version numbers in the file.
- Mapping the version column to the default version dimension in the model.
- Import failed with an error : Member does not exist.
By design, the universal model currently does not support importing new members to the model.
For the Analytic (measure) model, which only contains one member for the Version dimension (public.Actual), when tried to import new version members by performing a column mapping, the validation result contains a dimension restriction because those members do not exist in the model. This is an expected behaviour.
Unfortunately, Analytic Universal model (Analytic measure model) does not provide any control over the version dimension. We would like to clarify the use case of version that customer would like to import.
Please refer to steps of two different workarounds:
1. If the customer would like to have multiple version of data inside model for planning purpose, we would recommend customer to use Planning Universal model (Planning Measure model) instead of Analytic Universal model.
2. If the version data is not for planning purpose, the customer could keep the Analytic Universal model and create an additional generic dimension that contains the version datas as members. During data import, then could map version column to newly created generic dimension instead of mapping version column to version dimension.
KBA , LOD-ANA-DE , SAC Data Wrangling , Problem