*Note: This KBA assumes you have previously faced the known SameSite cookie issues in Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge Versions prior to 91 and have already implemented the Browser Side Solution as per the SAP Note 2887651 - Issues with SameSite cookie handling
After updating Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to Version / Release 91 and above, the following error occurs when using any Live Data Connection in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- "Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource."
- "Possible causes: Third-party cookies are blocked, or CORS is not configured correctly. For more information, see our troubleshooting page."
Additionally, the issue still persists after setting the following flags below to "Disabled";
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
- Google Chrome Release 91 and above
- Microsoft Edge Release 91 and above
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Open a story based on a Live Data Connection.
- After the rollout of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge versions 91 the flags #same-site-by-default-cookies and #cookies-without-same-site-must-be-secure have been removed
Please apply the Server Side Solution within the SAP Note below, depending on your datasource;
- For general information regarding the SameSite cookie issue within SAP Analytics Cloud, please take at the KBA 2890576 - After Google Chrome / Microsoft Edge browser updates, Live Data Connections are no longer working in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
Please Note: The command-line flag can still be used as temporary browser-side solution before upgrading to Chrome 94.
- Right click on the shortcut of Chrome on the desktop.
- Select properties.
- Add parameter "--disable-features=SameSiteByDefaultCookies,CookiesWithoutSameSiteMustBeSecure" to the target. (Please remove the quotation marks, and enter this after the chrome.exe, eg. Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Applications\Chrome.exe --disable-features=SameSiteByDefaultCookies,CookiesWithoutSameSiteMustBeSecure"
- Click Advanced button, check the option "Run as administrator"
- 2889975 - SAP BusinessObjects Live Data Connect and Google Chrome 80-84: connection failure
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, data sources, Cannot connect SAP Analytics Cloud with Hana Database when chrome update to version 80.0.3987.116 sac cookies chrome kba, release , KBA , LOD-ANA-LDC , SAC Live Data Connection , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-LDC-HAN , SAC Live Data Connection HANA , LOD-ANA-LDC-UNV , SAC Live Data Connection Universe , Problem